Registration is online only at www.shreveportdixiebaseball.com. Online payment is required to complete registration.
- Age Breakdown - View 2022 Age Chart
- A child must be at least nine (9) years old on May 1 of the current year.
- A child cannot turn eleven (11) years old before May 1 of the current year.
- Batters - Double flap helmets with face mask is MANDATORY for all those batting, running bases, and waiting in the on deck circle. A cap may be worn under helmet.
- Pitchers - CLEATS ARE PROHIBITED on the artificial mounds. Pitchers must wear tennis shoes, turf shoes, or other soft sole shoes.
- Catchers - Catchers must wear a protective cup supporter during the game. Umpires shall be responsible for informing both coaches prior to the game. A game will not be delayed for the purpose of allowing a catcher time to get a protective cup supporter. A team failing to provide all protective equipment for their catcher will forfeit the game. The remainder of the catcher’s equipment is described in the Dixie Youth Baseball rule book.
- Bats - Current Bat Standards
- Bats cannot exceed 2 5/8 inches in diameter.
- Bats must be stamped with “USA Baseball”.
- Pitch Count Limitations
- A league age 9 or 10 pitcher shall not throw more than seventy-five (75) pitches in the same game or on the same day. Exception: If the pitcher reaches the pitch count limit while facing a batter, he may continue to pitch until the batter reaches base safely or is put out.
- League age nine (9) or ten (10) pitchers in local league play must adhere to the following rest requirements based on pitch count:
- 1-30 pitches - No rest required
- 31-45 pitches - One (1) day of rest required
- 46-65 pitches - Two (2) days of rest required
- 66+ pitches - Three (3) days of rest required
- Innings Pitched Limitations
- A pitcher shall not pitch more than six (6) innings in a calendar week between from 12:01am Monday to 12:00 midnight the following Sunday. If a pitcher throws one (1) pitch, it will be counted as pitching one (1) inning.
- The pitcher shall be charged only for the innings pitched. If a pitcher does not have to pitch the bottom half of an inning he is NOT charged for that inning. No innings pitched shall be charged to the pitchers that are listed in the batting order of both teams handed to the official scorer in games forfeited before actual play begins.
- A pitcher removed from the mound for any reason shall not return to the mound to pitch during the same game.
- A pitcher who delivers forty-one (41) or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of the game.
- Any player who has played the position of catcher in four (4) or more innings in a game is not eligible to pitch in that game.
- All games will be six (6) innings. No new inning will be started after one (1) hour, thirty (30) minutes.
- AAA teams will play nine (9) defensive players. You may start the game with eight (8) players, but if you drop below eight (8) players, you must forfeit.
- A game will be considered a regulation game when a team is ahead by fifteen (15) runs after three (3) inning or ten (10) runs after four (4) innings. If the home team is ahead, they do not need to bat in the bottom of the inning.
- If play is suspended for any reason, a game will be declared an official game after three and a half (3 1/2) innings of play if the home team is ahead or four (4) innings if the visiting team is ahead. Games cancelled before they become regulation games will be restarted from where the game was stopped.
- All players will be listed in the batting order, and will bat when it's his or her turn. The batting order shall not change during the game. If a player misses his or her turn at bat because of illness or injury, at the umpire’s judgment, his or her turn will be skipped, and no out will be charged.
- Pitching and Base Distances
- Pitching rubber distance - forty-six (46) feet.
- Base distance - sixty (60) feet.
- Steel cleats are not allowed to be worn by players or coaches in the 5 – 12 age groups.
- Base Running
- Runners may not lead off and must hold their base until the ball is hit. (crosses the plate/passed ball)
- Runners can advance on a passed ball at their own risk.
- A courtesy runner will be allowed for the catcher only. The courtesy runner must be the last player that batted and is not on base at the time the courtesy runner is needed.
All stars will be selected through a process approved by the Board of Directors as follows:
- The winning team manager in each division will manage division’s all star team if he has upheld all parts of his contract and is approved by the Shreveport Dixie Baseball Board of Directors.
- The manager of the all star team will choose his/her coaching staff.
- All managers within each division will vote and select eight (8) players.
- The winning manager will then have four (4) additional selections.
If games are canceled due to bad weather, Shreveport Dixie Baseball will contact you through text message and email from our website. Game cancellations will also be posted on our website at www.shrevepordixiebaseball.com.
*Note: Any rules not covered in local rules will be followed as written in the Dixie Youth Rule Book.