From the very beginning, the leaders of Dixie Youth Baseball knew they wanted to develop a college scholarship program that would help former players obtain a college education.
In order to be eligible, the applicant must be a senior in high school and have played in a Dixie Youth Baseball league when 12 years old or younger. There is no relationship between the award of a scholarship and athletic ability. The applicant’s ability as an athlete will not
be a factor in awarding scholarships.
All 5 of the below required documents must be enclosed for an application to be accepted:
- Signed Statement from a Local League Official
- Email a Digital Photo for Publication
- ACT and/or SAT Score, Class Size and Rank (ex. 5/189) and Grade Point Average (GPA)
- One Page Signed Letter From the Applicant
- One Page Signed Letter From the Parent or Guardian
Applications are due on or before March 1, 2022.
Send completed application to the address below postmarked on or before March 1:
Johnny Berthelot, Sch. Comm. Chairman
Dixie Youth Baseball, Inc.
110 South Bolivar St. Suite 207
Marshall, TX 75670
Download 2022 Scholarship Application
Winners will be announced on May 1, 2022 via the www.dybusa.org
website under the Scholarships tab.
* Be aware the NCAA rules may prohibit acceptance of this scholarship if a student will be participating in a collegiate athletic program.