Registration is online only at www.shreveportdixiebaseball.com. Online payment is required to complete registration.
- Age Breakdown - View Age Chart
- A child must be at least three (3) years old on May 1 of the current year.
- A child cannot turn five (5) years old before May 1 of the current year.
- Double flap helmets with face mask is MANDATORY for all those batting, running bases, and waiting in the on deck circle. A cap may be worn under helmet.
- It is MANDATORY that all pitchers and catchers wear a batting helmet.
- Bats - Current Bat Standards
- Bats cannot exceed 2 5/8 inches in diameter.
- Bats must be stamped with “USA Baseball” and language “Only for use with approved tee balls”.
- Games will be 2 innings, and no new inning will start after 35 minutes.
- The tee and game ball will be provided by Shreveport Dixie Baseball.
- Each team will have a minimum of ten (10) players and maximum of twelve (12) players.
- A team may play with a minimum of six (6) players to start a game.
- On defense, each team will play 5 outfielders, 5 infielders, 1 pitcher and a catcher.
- No outs will be recorded and no score will be kept.
- Each player on the roster will bat every inning.
- Each batter will get five (5) swings to put the ball in play. On the 5th attempt, if the ball is not hit, the batter will advance to first base. All others runners on base will advance one base.
- The inning is over after the last batter reaches first base.
- Offensive Coaches - when hitting, a coach will be allowed at each base and one at home plate.
- Defensive Coaches - only two (2) coaches are allowed on the field at a time.
- Pitching and Base Distances
- Pitching rubber distance - 35 feet. An 8 foot circle will be drawn approximately 35 feet from home plate. The pitcher must be in the circle when the ball is on the tee.
- Base distance - 50 feet.
If games are canceled due to bad weather, Shreveport Dixie Baseball will contact you through text message and email from our website. Game cancellations will also be posted on our website at shrevepordixiebaseball.com